02 Aug 2022
A massive congratulations to Michael Davis, who was made a Fellow of Te Kāhui Whaihanga New Zealand Institute of Architecture at the Wellington Architecture Awards in June.
This is an acknowledgment of the breadth and importance of his contributions to the profession, the Institute and the practice of architecture.
Michael’s approach to all tasks and situations is based on a desire to achieve the best possible outcome in every situation. His thoroughness and pursuit of excellence across every aspect of our profession has lead him to provide support and guidance within our practice for over 25 years and seen him contribute to many award winning projects. His commitment to the Industry includes taking part in a number of industry related initiatives.
His past and recent contributions to the profession include:
- – 26 years with Studio Pacific Architecture
- – Board member of the New Zealand Architects Cooperative Society and contributor to its Communique newsletter
- – Member of the Society of Construction Law Inc.
- – NZIA Representative on the Building Research Advisory Council for four years
- – NZIA Branch awards judge, and convenor (2005)
- – Technical Advisor to Engineering New Zealand for Low Damage Design Guidelines
- – Judge for 2021 NZ Society for Earthquake Engineering Awards
- – Crown Technical advisor for Office Accommodation evaluation and specification
- – Winner of Highly Commended awards and published as part of the Sir Miles Warren Trust Awards for Architectural writing in 2020 and 2018
- – Visiting lecturer and tutor at the VUW School of Architecture, presenting one off lectures in construction and practice management courses and tutoring at Victoria University School of Architecture